Nothing makes me quite as happy as traveling to Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s to stock up on what I call my quintessential grocery staples.
Like almond butter. Life needs more almond butter, wouldn’t you agree?
When I was a freshman in college, I would save pennies and dimes so that I could indulge in the Whole Foods salad bar once a month. Now that I’m a working gal, I’ve ironically found myself being more of a financial penny pincher and I indulge less often in eating out (aside from coffee…there is always room for a starbucks latte now and then!) And I definitely still buy my favorite items, especially when I know I’m getting a lot of bang for my buck, so to speak.
This is what I stocked up on during my latest shopping adventure…
Breakfasts and Meals
- Kashi 7-Grain Pilaf
- Baby Kale
- Nature’s Path Heritage Flake Cereal
- Nature’s Path Coconut Chia Granola
- Trader Joe’s whole wheat pita bread
- Trader Joe’s smoked herring
- Chocolate Somersaults
- Trader Joe’s light cheddar cheese sticks
- Whole Foods kerrigold cheddar cheese (noticing a trend here, people?😉 )
- Medjool Dates
- Whole Foods Deluxe Mixed Nuts
- Trader Joe’s walnuts
- Trader Joe’s almonds
- Trader Joe’s almond butter (not pictured)
Whole Foods Bulk Bin:
- Oatmeal (local from Maine!)
QUESTION: Do you live near a Whole Foods or a Trader Joe’s? What do you consider your “quintessential items”?