After a week long running hiatus, I decided to lace up my sneaks and hit the road for a little 4-mile run yesterday. It was going against “plan”, but it just felt right.
(In other words, when New England hits 50 degrees in mid-January, you just gotta ‘run’ with it!)
I guess my metabolism got used to not doing anything over this past week, because this morning I woke up hungry!!! Thank goodness for breakfast.
I went through a spurt when I had breakfast cookies every.single.morning. Now I have them less often but I still like to make them a regular entry into my breakfast routine.
A cold morning meal served with a side of ice cold, unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
(Subconsciously I’m pretending it’s summer. A girl can dream. 😉 )
With a full belly and happy taste buds, I’m now I’m ready for my day to begin.
Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Cookie
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (100% pumpkin)
- dash of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- 1 Tbsp. salted almond butter
- 1-2 tsp crushed flax seed
- 3/4 very ripe banana, mashed well
- 1 tsp molasses (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine all of above ingredients. Smash well to incorporate all ingredients. If mixture looks too soft, add more flax. If it’s too dry, add a splash of milk.
- Spread evenly on a small plate with a fork. Flatten and spread out evenly. Pop in fridge overnight.
- Take out of fridge the next morning and top with a few more slices of banana. Enjoy with a glass of your favorite milk!
QUESTION: What are you enjoying for breakfast this morning?