Because you’re an adult and you can get away with stuff like this.
Because it means supper will be ready in 5 minutes.
Because it’s loaded with fiber and other good-for-you nutrients (milk = calcium/protein, banana = potassium, peanut butter = healthy fats, etc, etc, etc.)
Because it fills you up and curbs your sweet tooth, all in one meal.
Because aside from beans and rice, it’s one of the cheapest meals to make.
Because it’s yummy.
Oatmeal for dinner. Yes, please.
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Oats
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch or two of salt
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 very ripe banana, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Hershey’s Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1-2 tsp sugar (optional; chocolate flavor will be very dark and bitter unless sugar is added to taste!)
- toppings as desired (such as coconut, granola, slivered almonds, etc.)
- In a small saucepan, combine soy milk, water, salt and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching.
- Once milk is boiling, add oatmeal, banana, cocoa and sugar if using. Stir well, cover, reduce heat to medium low. Cook for 5 minutes or to desired consistency, stirring after every minute or so.
- Add desired toppings and enjoy!