For those of you who have been following me over the course of time, these muffins will look familiar. I’ve talked and ranted and raved about them before, as they’re quite possibly my favorite.
That’s why I’m talking and ranting and raving about them once again. They’re so yummy, it would be wrong not to mention them at least one more time. 😉
It is a very rare moment in my house when there are not pumpkin muffins sitting patiently on the table or in the freezer. They make a nice breakfast with almonds and milk and they add a cheery smile to an everyday lunch.
If you have a heavy hand with the sugar, they can even pass for dessert in a pinch. Enjoy!
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins – Makes 12 Muffins
Make my “PUNK”in Muffin version if you prefer to go vegan or are serving these muffins to vegan guests/family. Simply nix the egg and add a faux egg (combine 2 Tbsp. water mixed with 1 Tbsp crushed flax seed and let sit for about 5 minuts before adding to the recipe.) I promise you won’t notice the difference.
- 1-2/3 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 c. canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 c. water
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- 1/2 c. raisins (optional)
- 1/2 c. walnuts (optional)
- Combine dry ingredients (up to and including baking powder.)
- Combine wet ingredients (pumpkin oil.)
- Stir dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until moistened (do not overmix)
- Fold in raisins and walnuts with a rubber spatula, if using.
- Spoon into 12 sprayed muffin cups. Bake at 350 for about 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Remove and place on wire rack. Cool completely.
What is the one thing that keeps me occupied and happy while fighting this mean ol’ cold?
And stepping out for a breath or two of fresh air.
Stepping out into a rainy evening in late autumn offers plenty of photo taking opportunities. It can be fun trying to capture those last glimpses of color. 😀
And on that note, it’s off to work I go…
I hope your weekend was fabulous!